Friday, March 29, 2013

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be having fun.

Let me catch up on the last few days.

Well, given the large amount of orbital debris floating in space in low orbit (90km-110km) I was having trouble targeting my station. So I made a couple attempts to deorbit the debris. Here are a couple pictures of the attempts:






The idea was to use the lander legs to brace against the debris (the orange tank) and try and deorbit it. It ended up doing some good (the orbit dropped to 80km90km) but it began tumbling so bad there was no hope of doing it again. I gave up and deorbited the deorbiter.





Frustrated I opted to work on the station. I had enough fuel to try to move it in to a Mun orbit, so I thought what the hell?

Minor glitch, I didn't have the station balanced, and it went all Gumbi on me. I then made a control mistake, and well.... you can see for yourself...





Dammit! This screenshot is only a partial story, a lot of those debris are multiple pieces.

Screw it, I'll just launch a new station...


... or not. I was working quickly, I was tired, I was frustrated. At this point I only had only working craft (the probe on Minmus) and a sky full of debris. 

RELOAD! (F9)

Hey, the station is still there in this one, but now the probe isn't. Fine. I deorbit the station and enjoy the light show, then I am off to start a new save game.


 








Well, that was cool looking!

Next time up, anew save game and the work on a real heavy lift rocket...

No comments:

Post a Comment