Monday, March 18, 2013

First up, I need to get a station in to orbit. This will be the starting point, a six-way connector that all other bits will be attached to. This is a drone-controlled unit, with lights and some RCS.



Now for a booster to get it up to space. I am going to tinker with using the jet boosters in a few of the later testing designs, but for now I am going to keep it simple with rockets.


I was actually able to get the rocket in to space and in a 99km orbit while keeping the main tank on, but I bumped the space bar and accidentally jettisoned it, so I nudged the station to 100km and will need to think about dealing with that large piece of space junk someday orbiting 1000 meters below me. 



Since I had no use for the bus on this trip it will become the first part of my new station. I've turned on the lights for future docking (I always seems to end up in the shadow when I try to dock).


I will need a name for this station eventually, not sure what to call it right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment