Friday, March 22, 2013

Ok, today is gonna be a great day...

... well, at least I can say I added to the space station. I've opted to call it Frylab... I haven't told Jeb about it yet, he is just too happy. As you can see in this shot, Jeb is almost orgasmic to finally get in to a docking position with the station.


The trick to docking is to address each axis one at a time. If you try to shortcut it you'll spend more time screwing around. Also, 'chase mode' (the V key) is your friend, use it.


Since I have both RCS and ASAS on this habitat module, I was pressing the 'F' key often to steady the ship. I brought a ton (literally) of RCS fuel with me, i wasn't going to worry about using it. 


Almost there... 


Just a peckin' on the surface (Why were their so many Texan pilots in Star Wars?)

Docked, in the dark, but I waited until the sun was out to take a good picture (and wait for the SAS/ASAS units to dampen the wobbling).


So, now that I have a 2-place capsule on Frylab1, I can a total of 4 Kerbals in space in a station that can hold a total of 14.

I really need to get a tractor up here to rearrange parts and some fuel tanks for later missions. I also still need  to deorbit the extra boosters off the station. Work, work. Zug, zug. Daboo.


No comments:

Post a Comment