Wednesday, April 3, 2013

To Laythe... almost

Below is a pictorial narrative of my attempt to get to Laythe for the first time. I built a rocket with four rovers to drop on Laythe. Now a couple details I should mention. I knew Laythe had an atmosphere and was similar to Kerbin, but I didn't know how big the oceans were or I would have added rockets to fine tune the rover descents (as we will find out it didn't matter).







After a nice launch using my heavy lift rocket I dragging out behind Duna and headed for Jool. Fairly boring stuff until I do the aerobraking off the atmosphere of Jool at 107km which almost ended the mission right there.










Here is where the story however goes to crap. After a few burns to get in to orbit around Laythe...



.. I find out that I can't cut any of my rovers free from the ship (pairing the Jr docking ports is 'messy'). For now it will sit in orbit around Laythe. I didn't even get a T-shirt, just this screenshot, enjoy. 


-Lego





No comments:

Post a Comment