Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SPACE!!!!!!!

OK, so tonight's goal was two-fold:
1. Get some Kerbonauts on to the space station.
2. De-orbit at least one of the excess booster engines.

So the good news, I completed both goals!

The not so good news, the booster I de-orbited was full of fuel and took 20 minutes to acquire because I tumbled it.

So, the launch (first time I recall actually using the three man capsule)


The orbit...

The docking... (pay no attention to the clock in the upper left, I did this docking in under two minutes.. yeah... that's it)

I then EVA a couple Kerbals to the station....





And now the fun part (well, there was an F and a U in it)... I cut loose a booster from the station (wrong one, but too late now)


and then I undock to chase after it...



I then spend the next 15 minutes bouncing it around like a dolphin with a beach ball until I finally catch it.




Then it is just a quick de-orbit and uncouple the mix and fall back to the the home world.


I really need to stage these in sunlight



Next up: Probably starting a fuel farm on the station now that I have an end port open for docking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment